Sunday, January 30, 2005

Smallpiper Folk Podcast Number 1.

No. 1 - To Catch a Cat
Hi!
This is the first Smallpiper Folk Podcast. It's dedicated to learning tunes. The link above (if you're looking from blogger is the podcast mp3. It is 13Mb, so if you're on dial up you could be some time! If anyone on dialup would like to take part drop me a line and I'll snailmail a copy on CD.

This is a flute tune I wrote called 'To Catch a Cat' .The mp3 above teaches the tune, two bars by two bars, then four bars, then one part etc. Gradually building the tune up. Included is the duet version from the album Thumb Twiddling.

If you'd like the dots, right click and download from here.
I hope this all works ok, it's still an experiment. Give me feedback!
:-)
Vix

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Vix! I just saw the dots (I like dots!) and I'll try to have a play later this week. It will be on my piano which I don't know how folksy that is-is that allowed? :-) (Gina)

Smallpiper said...

Any instrument is allowed!!!
Play away!!!!!
:-)
Vix

Anonymous said...

This one was just that bit beyond me - the phrasing in bar 4 poleaxed me I suppose and I baled out during the B part. That's more of a reflection on my ability to assimilate than the material though. Nice tune.

C

Smallpiper said...

Hello!
Thanks for that comment, I think I agree. I chose a bad piece to kick it off with. I hope the second one was better! I'm thinking hard about a third piece now.
:-)
Vicki